Sunday, December 28, 2008

Santa Baby

Happy Christmas!
I know, I know I am late with this post but it has been a busy couple of days.
A very good kind of busy though.

Santa was very good to me this year.
He brought me an Xbox 360!
My very first gaming console!

Bundled with the system was 5 games: Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures, Kung Fu Panda, Turok, Gun and darkSector. Also included with my gift was Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2.

I must have been on the extra good list this year.

I am absolutely loving everything about my Xbox. The dashboard is super slick and easy to navigate. I love the wireless controller. I am finding the layout of it quite easy to use, and I can be confused easily. Also, the new Xbox Experience is so neat! Creating an avatar was fun, and I really do think it looks quite a lot like me.

I haven't had loads of time to pour into playing during this bustling holiday season, but I have played a little bit.

I was up before 5am on Boxing Day to go line up at Future Shop and check out their sales. While I didn't pick up anything that was on sale, or the game I was looking for, I did decide to grab Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. I AM SO GLAD I DID. I really didn't get to far into this but I am already blown away. First of all, the title and music for Star Wars intros always gives me big nerdy goosebumps, and this was no exception. Next, I really don't want to give spoilers for the game but HOLY COW! Being a huge Star Wars fan, and playing through that first section made me giddy as a schoolgirl. It also seems as though this game is going to have an awesome story to go along with it.
I was also completely flabbergasted at the graphics. They were completely breathtaking and I was playing on a standard def television. I cannot imagine what it would look like in HD! Can't wait to get back to playing some more.

I picked this baby up at Walmart today using the gift card I got from my Grandma. Please excuse my language, and Grandma cover your ears, but HOLY SHIT. I have no words for how amazing this game is. To quote a completely overused movie quote: it had me at hello. From the very beginning of the first cut scene I was completely enthralled. I like to think of myself as a zombie movie buff, and that little thing had me captivated, had more suspense and was more thrilling than a lot of actual feature films. And it did the trick by showing me what exactly I had gotten myself into and ramped up my energy for the first assault. Again, I don't want to give any spoilers, but I played through the first solo campaign and had so much fun, combined with so many "HOLY SHIT!" moments. I am so very excited to give the multiplayer a go with a bunch of my friends. Hands down, best game I have ever played.

And on a completely unrelated Christmassy note.... HOW AMAZING WAS THIS YEAR'S DOCTOR WHO CHRISTMAS SPECIAL?!

No comments: