Thursday, December 18, 2008

Recent Aquisitions: PreChristmas Comic Goodies

Ahh, Christmas break. I amazingly have an entire month off so I am hoping to get some hardcore reading done.

I seem to have a bit of book A.D.D. though. Currently I am working my way through Something Wicked This Way Comes (Ray Bradbury), When You Are Engulfed In Flames (David Sedaris), The Portable Door (Tom Holt) and wrapping up Watchmen.

All that didn't stop me from picking up a few things at a local comic book shop before moving home for the holidays.

I've been meaning to pick this one up for a while now. As I am sure I have mentioned before I am a HUGE Hellboy fangirl. Love the movies, love the animated features, really love the comics. And since my favourite character of the franchise is Abe Sapien, my bookcase was sorely lacking without this trade sitting on it.



This is a series I have been wanting to read but for some reason never got around to picking up. It really interests me as I am similar in age to the main characters and since it is set in Toronto, I am familiar with a lot of the locations. I figured now was a great time to start reading since book 5 comes out in February and a film is in the works starring Michael Cera and being directed by my favourite director, Edgar Wright.



This one was an early Christmas present from my friend Damian. I don't know much about the Love and Rockets series (apart from what I looked up on Wikipedia after recieving the gift) but from what I can tell, this is going to be quite an enjoyable read. Can't wait to get into this one.

No comments: