Sunday, November 9, 2008

This is... my favourite quote

My favourite quotes are constantly changing. I literally have pages and pages of quotes scrawled in notebooks, saved as .txt files, scribbled on scraps of paper.
There was no way I could narrow it down to one (seems to be a recurring theme..)
I will however leave you with four very different quotes from very different sources.

Gerbera

Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
-Plato

*****

Low-fat food makes you very depressed, I think it's bad for the skin, and I actually quite seriously think it's bad for women reproductively. I once read a book by an endocrinologist saying that fat is one of the things that regulate fertility.
Quite apart from all that, I think it's very difficult to create balance in flavor if you're [cooking] rigidly low fat. It's surprising how just a teaspoon of olive oil dribbled on a minestrone at the end, for example, can lift it into another dimension. Fat doesn't just give [food] taste. It gives it depth and tone.
In a way, to be afraid of fat is to be afraid of food. And to be afraid of food is to be afraid of life. I sort of feel: Everything in moderation and occasional excess
-Nigella Lawson

*****

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.
-Yoda

*****

It's difficult to believe in yourself because the idea of self is an artificial construction. You are, in fact, part of the glorious oneness of the universe. Everything beautiful in the world is within you. No-one really feels self-confident deep down becuase it's an artifical idea. Really, people aren't that worried about what you're doing or what you're saying, so you can drift around the world relatively anonymously: you must not feel persucted and examined. Liberate yourself from that idea that people are watching you.
-Russell Brand



To check out more "This is..."s and get in on the fun check out three buttons.

No comments: