Friday, January 2, 2009

Make a Wish

make a wish

Long time, no card post!
I am really happy with the way this one turned out. I made it for my mom, for her 50th birthday.

Gamsol is my new favourite product. I used the mineral spirit to dissolve and blend the pencil crayons into the image. It actually appears as if I am somewhat artistic!
The hardest part was definitely tying the ribbon. Still not perfect by any means, but I am miles better than I used to be.

Materials used:
"You Take the Cake" stamp set - My Favorite Things
Patterned paper in "Novel" - Basic Grey (Offbeat Collection Pack)
Ink in "Jet Black" - StazOn
White card stock - Staples
Coloured pencils - Prismacolor
Gamsol
Blending stumps
Pink ribbon - Dollarama

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hi Erin;love your blog.Ivisit it several times a week.It helps keep me connected to family.Your card for your mom was great.Your so creative,but then you fling blood and get paid for it!!Kisses...Auntie S