Saturday, August 21, 2010

SLACKER!

I can't even the last time I've done a proper entry!
However, though I have been in a blogging drought, I have been getting crafty.

This card I made way back in JUNE for a friend of mine who had just graduated from teacher's college (and happens to adore cats).

You Are the Hippest of Cats

The base of the card was a folded blue patterned cardstock and I cannot for the life of me remember the company! Also, since I used a piece from my leftover scrap pile, I don't know what company the purple square of paper is either (grr arg!).

The 'ruled paper' patterned paper was from the 6x6 'Boyfriend Collection' paper pack by Cosmo Cricket and I edged it with the 'Bumpy Road' edger punch by EK Success.

The adorable cat is from Stamping Bella and stamped on white cardstock purchased from Staples.

To colour him up, I first created a wonky bubble shaped mask out of scrap cardboard to cover him and sprayed the 'pink sprinkles' Smooch spray over the background. Then I created a mask for the background (with a hole smaller than the original mask) and sprayed some 'spun sugar' Smooch spray. Then, just because, I sprayed the whole thing with 'vanilla shimmer' Smooch spray.

You Are the Hippest of Cats

I cut him out with a square spellbinder die in a Cuttlebug machine, and something interesting happened. He was still a little damp when I put him in, and I was using a "well loved" Cuttlebug plate, so when I embossed the edge of the square the cut marks in the plate embossed this swirly pattern across the image. How's that for a happy accident??

I finished the card up by stamping the inside of the card with a rubber stamp that said "You Are The Hippest of Cats" from Paper Candy.


Thanks for putting up with my lack of posts with substance. I promise you at least two more this week with some more things I have made these past few months, and here's a surprise... NEITHER POST IS ABOUT CARDS!!

Stay tuned to see what I've been making.

No comments: