Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday's Kitchen

I an attempt to post more often I'm going to try themed days of the week. I've seen it work quite well on other blogs, so why not give it a try? And if it fails miserably, ah well, I'll just try something else!

So Wednesdays I bring you "Wednesday's Kitchen" where I'll share with you what I've cooked that day (or that week, if I happen to not eat at home etc..)

This week I tried out a recipe I found stumbling around epicurious.com.

Beef, Shiitake, and Snow Pea Stir-Fry

Beef, Shiitake and Snow Pea Stir-Fry

I served it on top of some Jasmine rice, basically because I love it so much.

There were so many great flavours in this dish! I've never used hoisin or five spice before but I really enjoyed the taste. The fresh ginger, cilantro, onions and chili-garlic sauce really punched you in the mouth with some serious flavour! I do think if I were to make it again (make that WHEN I make it again) I'll add some fresh minced garlic, but that's just because I am a garlic-a-holic.

It had some great texture contrast as well between the tender meat and shiitake to the crunchy snow peas and green onions.

Best of all, the dish was seriously easy and really quick! Perfect for a work night I say.

No comments: