Friday, May 8, 2009

Quick and Dirty Reviews: Star Trek



It was AWESOME! What more can I say?
Of course no film is perfect, but I cannot think of anything I disliked about this movie. Even as someone who wasn't a big Star Trek fan going in, I was captivated from beginning to end.

As with all movies created from previous work with an already solid fanbase, there will be nitpicking. I've heard some grumblings from hardcore fans about Simon Pegg's accent being from the "wrong region" (and if you have a problem with it I highly suggest you check out his blog addressing the issue).

I thought the entire cast was amazing. Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto were awesome as expected. I was completely surprised by how great John Cho was and I walked away even more in love with Simon Pegg and Anton Yelchin.

I highly recommend this action packed, fun (and surprisingly funny at times) film!

No comments: